Friday, November 23, 2012

UWP: SIMONE CAPRODOSSI




























SIMONE CAPRODOSSI
I am an Italian photographer and have been shooting topside travel and nature photography for good 15 years. In 2007 my corporate job took me to Dubai, and I had the chance to scuba dive much more frequently and finally dedicate myself to underwater photography.  I immediately fell in love with it and dedicated most of my free time to it.  
In the last 5 years I have covered many amazing diving destinations from South Africa to Micronesia, Sipadan, Fiji, Bali and Maldives and have explored less commercial destinations closer to my Dubai base like the Musandam and the Damanyiat Islands in Oman and the Andaman and Lakshadweep islands in India. 
I have always been a Canon boy and currently use a Canon 5D Mark II in a Subal housing with Inon strobes.

I am very aware of the challenges that the marine environment is facing, particularly in this region, and I try as much as I can to use my photography skills to benefit local and international environmental research projects.

Over the last few years I had the opportunity to take part in several projects for marine turtle and whale shark conservation. I joined the Kuwait Turtle Conservation Project in the 2008 and 2009 season and the Djibouti whale shark expedition in January 2011. I am currently actively involved as researcher and photographer in the Qatar Whaleshark Research project and the Sharkwatch Arabia project based in the UAE . 

 I also recently was the main contributing photographer for Arabian National Geographic "Wild Arabia" exhibition that featured 16 of my underwater and topside images as part of the 100 photo outdoor exhibition in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. I am also collaborating with the Emirates Diving Association magazine and covered some new destinations feature articles.