Monday, September 17, 2012

UWP: FRANSISCA HARLIJANTO


























My name is Fransisca Harlijanto (Sisca). I was born in Jakarta, Indonesia and grew up in San Francisco. I received my Bachelor's degree in Interior Architecture and Design, and my Master's degree in General Management. I now reside permanently in Indonesia to run my family business. 
I started photography and diving because of our wedding theme "No Mountain's too high and no ocean's too wide". Our plan was to take pre-wedding photos on Kilimanjaro and underwater in Tulamben and show the photos on the "D" day.  I then bought my first professional Canon DSLR in 2009 for my expedition to Kilimanjaro and set it up on Auto. After our expedition, we took an open water certification in Tulamben, Bali and had our photos taken underwater. 
I immediately fell in love with diving and photography, so I decided to enroll myself in a photography class. After 50 dives, in 2010, I purchased an underwater casing and never stopped shooting since. I am happy to be given the opportunity to share my almost 3 years of work and still continue to keep learning from the best. Persistence is the key. "It's not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives. It's what we do consistently." - Anthony Robbins