Monday, August 13, 2012

UWP: MAURIZIO PASI




















Hello, my name is Maurizio Pasi, I am from Pavia (Italy) and I work as a chemist in Milan. After years of taking care of my aquariums, I eventually decided that the ocean were my new aquarium. I discovered the underwater world in 2008, got my first CMAS certification in 2009 and the way I saw everything changed. 
Now I am a CMAS Divemaster and I like to dive capturing and showing pictures of underwater life! 
I have been diving in the Mediterranean Sea since the very beginning. Recently, I have had the opportunity of diving in Tulamben (Bali) and I was fascinated by all Indonesian small creatures.

I started using a compact camera, I immediately added an external strobe but I soon realized I needed better quality and more setting controls but I still wanted a compact kit. Now I shoot using an Olympus E-PL2 m4/3 system in PT-EP03 housing, at first with 2 INON S2000, and at present time with 2 Sea&Sea YS-D1 strobes. My favourite lenses are Panasonic Leica 45mm macro in ZEN port for macro photography and Panasonic 8mm fisheye in Precision Dome Port for wide-angle photography.

I know I am still a beginner and I have much more to learn, but I hope to go on travelling and getting more and more pictures of the underwater world which has definitely changed my life!