Monday, July 23, 2012

UWP: THOMAS OZANNE



































THOMAS OZANNE

Originally from Guernsey in the British Channel Islands, I have spent the last 6 years living and working in the diving industry in South East Asia. I worked as a Divemaster in Koh Tao, spent a season as Liveaboard Videographer in Thailand's Similan Islands. I enjoyed working with Video but my heart was set on photography. After shooting for 6 months with a compact camera and single strobe, I took the plunge and picked up my first DSLR and housing. That was nearly four years ago now, and I have been shooting stills ever since. In late 2008 I set out to further explore the diving in the region. There is so much beauty and adventure to be found in these waters. For me one of the most exciting and satisfying things is the wonder of new and unknown places, especially below the waves. I have a list as long as my arm of places I still want to dive. Sadly many of these places are in decline, I hope I can continue to explore them, camera in hand, and try to do their fragile beauty justice. 

When I am not out at sea collecting my own images I live in Thailand. There I spend my time to writing for various magazines and websites, offering underwater photographic services to local companies, and teaching courses to diving Photographers, beginner and advanced, who want to get more out of their camera and the time they spend with it in the water.