Saturday, May 19, 2012

UWP: NADYA KULAGINA
































My name is Nadya. I live in Kazakhstan, a landlocked country in Central Asia. There are no places to dive in Kazakhstan except for mountain lakes, which are too cold for me (although I would like to wet my suit in their waters one day) and the Caspian sea, which is too far from where I live. So, I confess, I have never dived in my own country.  I got my first diving certification in Thailand back in the early  2008 and have been diving since then.  Being a land photographer, I've always wanted to try and shoot underwater.  A friend once let me use her compact point-and-shoot underwater and I loved it so much that decided to invest into some serious gear. Gear aside, nothing would have ever worked without useful and priceless help and support from my fellow underwater photographers and friends.  So, here I am, diving, photographing and learning every step of the way because each dive always reveals something new.