Saturday, April 21, 2012

UWP: MIKE POWELL
































MIKE POWELL
I began diving in 1987 while attending Texas A&M University and have been diving ever since. Upon graduation I received my divemaster certification and promptly moved to Grand Cayman to work for Bob Soto's. I remember being amused by the guests lugging all that photo gear around and wondered how they could enjoy the dive scenery with a camera pasted to their mask...Twenty years later I finally understood when I rented a point & shoot UW camera and became hooked. I now shoot with a Canon 7D in a Nauticam housing and reside in Tampa, Fl.



Photography has introduced me to many exotic locations with many more to look forward too, animals that few people get to view up close and personal, and of course all the amazing people I meet along the way, that make it all worthwhile! Checkout my Facebook page "Mike Powell Photography" and become a fan to see work from future adventures.