Friday, March 23, 2012

UWP: PATRICK NOEL































Patrick Noel
I was born in Paris in 1947.
Photography has been my hobby for more than 45 years. I started scuba diving quite late ; I was more than 30 when I got my first degree, and I started underwater photo only in 1996, 
first with a Nikonos IV, then a Sea&Sea motormarine II, I upgraded to a  Nikon F90X in a Hugyfort housing in 1998. 
Since, I upgraded regularly and my current setup is a Nikon D300 in an Ikelite housing, two DS161 strobes and 4 lenses : two macro lenses, Nikkor f/2.8 60mm and 105 mm, a wide angle zoom lens, Nikkor 12-24 mm and the Nikkor 10.5mm fish-eye lens.
I have been diving almost everywhere, but almost always in tropical waters. My favorite ocean is the Pacific ocean, especially the western Pacific, from Philippines to Australia and I love diving Indonesia, where I have been more than 10 times in the last 15 years.
But I also had opportunity to dive in the Red Sea a lot of times, as well as Mexico, Thaïland, Malaysia, Tahiti, Vanuatu, the Galapagos ...

I am French, but almost never dives in the Mediterranean sea !