Monday, February 20, 2012

UWP: KAREL KOTNIK (Charly)































KAREL KOTNIK
I was born on March 21, 1969 in Trbovlje, Slovenia. During my family vacation in Dominican Republic in 2004 I discovered the underwater world. I was so impressed  that I  had to get a diving license immediately. After two years I bought my first compact camera Olympus C8080 and since then I couldn't imagine going into the blue without it. I became a diving instructor because  I thought I would have better opportunities to take underwater photos, but soon I realized  those two things really do not go together. I had finished with my diving instructor career and I started to develop my real passion - photography. It is totally non profitable but is certainly an amazing hobby.
My current setup is Canon EOS 7D, macro and fisheye lenses, Sea &sea housing and two strobes SEA&SEA YS 110. Mostly I dive in Adriatic and Red sea But I had opportunity to dove in Sipadan, Layang Layang, Phi Phi, Kenya, Sudan, Mexico - Cozumel, Cenotes...