Wednesday, February 22, 2012

UWP: DAVIDE LOPRESTI












































My name is Davide Lopresti, I currently live in Portovenere, a small town in Liguria (Italy) overlooking the sea. I am a ship designer for a major Italian company. In 2007 I obtained my first PADI brevet, and in 2009 I started underwater photography using a compact camera. In March 2010 I bought my first DSLR camera, a Canon 1000D using a Nimar housing and Inon flashes. Most of my diving is done in the Mediterranean Sea considering my close proximity, though I try to take at least one trip a year. Since the purchase of my DSLR I have only been able to visit the Philippines, Tulamben and Komodo with Arenui, but I am planning two trips which I intend to go on later in the year which will be devoted to underwater photography. I had travelled to the Maldives and the Red Sea prior to my interest in underwater photography and long to go back to these places with my camera, which has become my inseparable travel companion. My lenses include a Canon 100mm macro - which is my favourite lens and for my love for wide angle photos a Tokina 10-17mm fisheye. I still see myself as a beginner and the road is still long and hard to become a good underwater photographer, but the good will and the commitment is all there, who knows, maybe one day...